According to the decision of the Senate of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova, admission to the English - Study Programs for the academic year 2017 - 2018 will be held as follows:
I. Eligibility requirements
Can get into the national education system, those persons from member states of European Union, from the European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation, as well as citizens from Non EU states, who:
Ø have documents that certify the citizenship of the state of origin and who require the enrollment to studies in Romania on own expenses;
Ø have study documents issued by educational institutions recognized in the country of origin;
Ø submitted the file by the deadline established by this Methodology.
II. Number of places allocated to programs of study on own expenses after the selection process:
Ø Medicine (study program – Medicine in English) – 50 places (35 places for citizens from member states of European Union, from the European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation; 15 places for citizens from Non EU states);
Ø Pharmacy (study program – Pharmacy in English) – 30 places (20 places for citizens from member states of European Union, from the European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation; 10 places for citizens from Non EU states);
III. Admission programe: Admission program to studies on own expenses at University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova for the academic year 2017/2018:
Ø 3rd of April 2017 - opening of the registration of files;
Ø 28th of July 2017 - deadline of registration the submitted files (no completing will be accepted after this date);
Ø 1st of August 2017 - publication of results on the University’s website after the preselection of candidates;
Ø 26th / 28th of September 2017 - language test(the test is mandatory for all candidates and will be marked as Passed/Failed.
Ø 1st - 8th of October 2017 - candidates must reserve their place by paying half of the annual tuition fee of the study program they chose for;
IV. Submitted files processing fees and tuition fees for English study programs
The processing fee for the submitted contest file is 100 euros.
For candidates who hold a baccalaureate diploma obtained in Romania (graduates of a high school in Romania) the processing fee for the submitted contest file is 50 euros.
File procesing fee for all the candidates is non-refundable and has to be paid in the following account:
ROMANIAN COMMERCIAL BANK CRAIOVA DOLJ
SWIFT : RNCBROBUXXX
Adresă: Oltet Street, No. 4, Craiova, ROMANIA
The tuition fee for both Medicine in English and Pharmacy in English is 5.000 euros/year.
V. Registration to entrance examination:
The files will not be submitted personally.
The file of candidacy must contain the following documents:
4. Letter of intent;
5. Language proficiency certificate;
6. Letter of recommendation from the graduated high school;
8. Other documents* relevant for the selection;
9. Study Diploma - 3 copies and 3 translations authenticated to a Notary – (authenticated with the Hague Apostille or by the Romanian’s diplomatic authorities from the candidate’s country of origin) which allows the acces of the candidate to university studies (diploma of high school or its equivalent);
10. Transcript of records for all the high school years - 3 copies and 3 translations authenticated to a Notary – (authenticated with the Hague Apostille or by the Romanian’s diplomatic authorities from the candidate’s country of origin), in conformity with the finished studies and the analiticaly program, in case the candidates require the equivalation of some study periods;
11. Birth certificate - 3 copies and 3 translations authenticated to a Notary;
12. Passport copy - valid for at least 6 months after the date when the letter of acceptance to universitary studies it’s issued + personal Identity Document (document attesting the residence abroad)
13. Health certificate (in english) that proves the person who will enroll to studies it’s clinically healthy(result of general physic examination);
14. 4 passport size photos;
15. A written statement authenticated to a Notary(only for the romanian citizens residing in non-EU countries) stating that they want to study at University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova as self supported fee-based students;
16. A written statement (Affidavit) from the romanian citizens that have also another citizenship, regarding that they acknowledge on their rights and obligations and that is their personal choice to study as foreign citizens on own expenses in the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova;
17. A self-addressed envelope with the precise name and address of the candidate;
*All the supporting documents for the self-evaluation score given to the candidates, if any.
ALL THE DOCUMENTS REQUESTED AT POINTS 1-18 ARE MANDATORY!
Will not be permited to receive files or completions to files after the deadline which is 28th of July 2017!
The files from which are missing mandatory requested documentes are automatically rejected!
VI. Selection process
VI.1. Candidate selection will be done in decreasing order of the gained points. For this purpose, candidates will complete and attach to file the . Candidates with the same score will be selected based on the grades obtained at high school graduation exam.
VI.2. All the selected candidates must participate in the language test, in late September (Tuesday 26th of September 2017 or Thursday 28th of September 2017), depending on the selected study program. The test will be marked with Passed/Failed.
VI.3. University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova reserves the right, depending on the number of candidates, to organize a test of general knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
Holder of a high school diploma with minimum requirements achieved (from the list of accepted high school diplomas)
Biology / Physics / Chemistry on the high school diploma
10 p for each discipline
Graduation diploma from another University:
- medical studies
- non – medical studies
Internationally recognized language proficiency certificate
Evidence of extracurricular activities:
- proven volunteer activity (Red Cross, professional experience in areas related to medicine, etc.)
Maximum 20 p
10 p for each action
VII. All the successful candidates, declared eligible, after completing the selection process must come to the University’s Secretary with the original diploma of studies (high school diploma or its equivalent), with the Hague Apostille -for citizens of the signatory states of the Hague Convention - for final registration.
Final enrollment will be done only after receiving the letter of acceptance/certificate from the Ministry of National Education of Romania.